Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day.

You know, this was originally a day to celebrate the St. Valentines of the Roman Catholic Church. They were both martyrs. That's romantic, isn't it? Yet somehow this winds up as the 2nd hugest commercial holiday of the year, and the 2nd biggest card-sending day--after Christmas of course. Anyone else wonder how Hallmark and all the other companies can get away with all this sort of stuff? I do, all the time. I can find no real reason that people feel the need to go buy a ton of material things for other people just so they feel loved.

I'm giving you all something inmaterial today:

Whoever, wherever you are, whatever you're like, I don't care. I want you to know that I appreciate you and that you are absolutely a perfect being, no matter what you may say in your head about your small faults. It could always be worse, and look on the bright side: now you know someone likes you for you. Happy Non-Commercial Day of Unknown True Origin!

3 comments:

Avian Fang said...

Heh, Ah thank you. You have no idea how much I have been thinking about that exact same thing. Well seems like u beat me to the punch. WEll I am glad someone at least thinks the same way I do.

:)

Fly on. Live free,

Avian Fang

16 now woah!

already_in_the_air said...

You're 16? Happy birthday late then! Somehow I miss everything by just one day.... One day late remembering to get a birthday present for almost all my friends, one day late remembering to do homework, one day late remembering my own birthday.... The list goes on, mainly consisting of projects and birthdays and other holidays. Remembered Valentine's Day though, which was ironic as that is one the majority of the world forgets. :)

Anonymous said...

it's because people like chocolate so much. Valentines day is just an excuse to buy as much chocolate as you want and pretend it's for someone else. so all the saints of the roman catholic church could buy candy hearts and say "they're for my niece" but in reality, they don't have a niece it was all a lie so they could eat the chocolate themselves!!!!!!!!!!