Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gr. Wednesdays.

Alright, Wednesdays are the days school starts 1/2 an hour later than usual. I can never remember that. So this morning, apparently my parents didn't remember either. Gr.

I woke up at 5:30, went back to sleep. Was woken up at 6 again, went back to sleep at 6:19. (See where I'm headed? I'm not a morning person unless it's not a school morning. Even on Snow Days where I'm unaware that it's a Snow Day yet, my subconscious has its little alarm go off in my brain until I go get some cereal, which I never eat before school. Insane.) Anyway, I woke up at 7 eventually, and didn't realize that I could have actually gone to sleep again until about 7:45 before I had to start getting ready for school. (Amazing how little time I spend on my appearance. I feel as though I'm a shameful poke in the eye to every girl who wakes up hours ahead of time just to get every hair sprayed in place with a super-strong gel, then spends the rest of her time making sure each eyelash gets its own coating of mascara to avoid clumping.)

Anyway, I wound up dragging myself to the door to see my mother walking over, freaking out at me for probably almost certainly making myself late again--though I haven't been late this term yet, and was only late a couple times last term. (Alright, I was late 5 times total, 3 of which were NOT my fault and two of which should have been excused but somehow weren't!) So I skipped almost everything I usually do to get ready, I just brushed my teeth, put in contacts, threw on headbands and a long-sleeved t-shirt ad left. My dad could have gotten a speeding ticket if a cop had stopped him on the way to my school. Thankfully, I have very good car Karma (car-ma?) and there were no cruisers in sight. I wound up walking in the door wondering why everyone was standing around in the commons instead of heading to class, when all of a sudden I thought to myself: It's Wednesday. Frick.

I knew there was a reason the world hates Wednesdays, besides the odd spelling. What's the worst day of the week in your opinion? (Explain why. Please don't steal my explanation or I'll be forced to sue you. Also, "frick" is my word, and mayn't be used without written/typed consent. Thank you.)

5 comments:

deranged_cheese said...

the worst day of the week is Monday as I'm sure most people in the United States agree

already_in_the_air said...

Just because it's back t work and back to school. I can see how they'd prefer Wed. to Mon. Let's just knock those 2 days off the week and be happy humans! :)

Anonymous said...

i think everyone hates mondays because when you abbreviate it like "Mon." it looks like your trying to be cool like yo mon wat up?! and then everyone gets confused and they're like who are you talking to and the "cool" person goes you mon and then the other person is like huh? i have to go to work cuz it's monday and then other person is like ya mon wateva and then they walk away from each other and they are both thinking what a pathetic loser the other person is and there is feeling of loserness in the air that everyone picks up on and then they're like why did we end the week end? now i feel like a loser too and everyone just wants it to be tuesday.

already_in_the_air said...

That is some crazily-insane insight right there, "mon". Ha ha ha ha, I'd never say that word in real life!!! :)

Really though, that was AWESOME thought stuff.

KatsuXpastry said...

heh. ive been late 26 times, gotten 10 in school suspensions, and walked out of class 4 times. beat that.