Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas/Joyeux Noel/Feliz Navidad/Frohe Weihnachten/Happy Hanukkah/Happy Kwanza!!!

I don't care what holiday you celebrate, or if you just don't celebrate one, I love holidays, so have a nice whatever-day/time-period you celebrate (or don't celebrate) in!!! I love and celebrate Christmas, so Merry Christmas! You know, it's always been my ultimate dream to be one of those elves who talk to kids in line for Santa, then pass out candy canes and stuff. Everyone says "Oh, I could so see you doing that!" And I'm glad, because I'd like to be associated with the joy those elves always gave me. Especially if they were nice an didn't be all grouchy when I asked what they wanted for Christmas.

You know, I have heard many many stories of my early days, and i must conclude that I was always very odd. At Halloween, after whoever gave me candy was waving good-bye, I'd say "Thank you, Happy Halloween, I love you!" And they'd smile and say "Awww, I love you too!" Total strangers. They were so nice!!! : )

Another story (this one I actually remeber on my own): My family used to live in a little one story house, and there were my/my sister's shared bedroom on one little side, my brother's at the end of the tiny hallway, a bathroom in between. The living/dining rooms were right outside the small enclosed hallway, then there was a kitchen with a tinier hallway leading to a tiier bathroom and my parents' large bedroom. The den was on the opposite side and around a small corner of the kitchen from the dining room entrance. So my brother and I were always up first and we'd go sneak a look at what Santa left us before we went to watch TV or wake up our parents. (My younger sister always slept later--she was too young to participate quietly). One year my brother and I woke up to find NO presents in the dining room for us, only my PARENTS had gotten Santa's gifts!!! Any normal child would likely be upset at this, especially at the ages of 5 and 7 or 6 and 8, whichever we were at the time. Yet I was merely annoyed I got up for nothing. So my brother and I decided (in a very happy way, not disappointed at all!) that we could go watch TV anyway, because apparently Santa wasn't coming back. We got into the den, ang there, under the 4.5 foot tall Kid's Tree my parents had us decorate, were all our gifts. What did we do? We sat down and tried to find a cartoon instead of all the Christmas music that was going on the TV! Tell me your most amusing holiday/non-holiday related story! Because comments on my blog are the best gift of all!!! : )

6 comments:

Avian Fang said...

I feel happy now that I am able to give you a great gift then. Lol. I can't really remember any funny Christmas story but I really have to ask one thing....

Did you find any cartoons?


Well I hope you have a Merry Holiday season.

Avian Cullen

Illian eom ono unin onr agaetí!

Big credit if you can figure out what that means.

already_in_the_air said...

I'm not entirely sure, but i believe you said "I join you in your celebration." Thank you if that's what you said! If you didn't say that, I am curious as to what you did say. And because I have entirely worn my brain out with reading today, you'll have to just tell me what it means. I cannot go look it up, because that would cause the explosion of my eyes all over the book which would not be a happy incident.

And yes, we found some meaningless show or other to enjoy until my parents came in, whereupon (I love that word!) we related to them our tale of Christmas joy-ish-ness.

Avian Fang said...

It actually says...

Happiness to you in your celebrations

well that's what I wanted it to say at least.

already_in_the_air said...

Oh, well I'm just untalented with translations. Thank you for saying that!

Merry Christmas! : )

Maria said...

hey luve the blog. check out my blog and u could post a comment. (if u want)

Unknown said...

Thanks for saying that i enjoy my Christmas holiday if you forgot yahoo mail account password do not take tension please check-yahoo toll free number