Thursday, October 9, 2008

Bet You Don't Know THIS!!!

Calling all moderately smart people--if you found this site without help from a 10-chapter instruction manual, then CONGRATULATIONS, today you fit under the category of "moderately smart"! : I want to know if you can solve this riddle. I'll post the answer once I get at least three responses. Go ahead, TRY!!! : D

A man, angry at the world, turns out the light and goes to bed. The next morning, he wakes up, reads the newspaper, and commits suicide. Why?

OK, I know you're gonna have plenty of questions, so ask yes-or-no questions if you want. Googling the answer DOESN'T COUNT! 

8 comments:

Avian Fang said...

I don't know this is a hard one or I am over thinking this I will respond later when I found the anwser.

Hey do you ever go on AIM anymore.

Se onr sverd sitja hvass

Brisingr Sverdar

already_in_the_air said...

Well, you know the answer now! (To the riddle and your question.)

~already_in_the_air

Anonymous said...

because the newspaper talks about the world and it makes him so mad that he wants to die?
or b/c he doesn't like the world and doesn't want to be part of it?
something like that is my guess

already_in_the_air said...

no, sorry. you're on the right track with the newspaper being significant though.

~already_in_the_air

KatsuXpastry said...

ha. i googled it. so there.

already_in_the_air said...

Well you're just a freaking cheater. Nyah! (that was me sticking my tongue out at you!)

deranged_cheese said...

wuts the answer? i don't feel like figuring it out for myself

already_in_the_air said...

The man turned out the light of a lighthouse. the newspaper reported a shipwreck that occurred because of this, so the lighthouse keeper committed suicide. Happy, all you non-thinkers out there?