Sunday, June 29, 2008

Seeing Angels

To people who don't already know: I'm in Virginia, USA!!! Not telling you the city, but it's OK to say the state because--get this--I DON'T LIVE HERE!!! Not all the time anyway. Because it's against my own morals to give out personal living information online...'cause REALLY, how am I to know if you're gonna track me down and kill me, or put Clorox in my cheese cubes (which I don't eat anyway...) or send me loads of junk mail (*shudders* at thought of getting unwanted catalougues tempting me to buy uneeded products)!!! Anyway, I'm just helping out my aunt and uncle with their three ADORABLE children because they have a new baby girl named Sophia who will soon be two months old, and the older two--Olivia (5, almost 6, will be 6 in less than a month) and Mathew (7, 8 in October)--need to be kept out from under foot and out of Sopie's face. Poor Sophie has an ear infection, and it hurts my heart so much to know she's in pain. Why must such a small innocent child be in pain? My mom says that a baby can see angels. I think that's true, because my cousin is so sweet, and she almost never cries (unusual for a baby in discomfort), so maybe the angels comfort her. Or maybe she's tuggung at their wings when she reaches out to nowhere. Now I'll leave you with the promise I'll write later, a comment prompt of "Can babies see angels? (And if you want to answer this: Can you see angels?)", and the fact that I have NO clue WHY, but I've become aware that Virginia french fries (which are known as chips in some parts of Europe...for reasons I'll most likely never understand...) and potato chips (which I wonder if European people get confused with french fries when they're talking about them both together...I sure do, and I don't even call french fries chips!) are a LOT better here (in Virginia) than in any other place I've ever been! How weird is that? And how weird is it that people always say that there is no exception to the "i before e except after c, unless sounding like A as in neighbor or weigh" rule when they teach you to spell, but in fact, the word weird IS an exception! Maybe that's the reason behind its meaning...And "its" is supposedly the ONLY possesive word with no apostrophe, when actually the word "yours" is too! Man, I'm on a ROLL with this philosophical stuff tonight!

14 comments:

KatsuXpastry said...

hey cat. no one cares. bye.

Avian Fang said...

Thanks for all the comments. I was checking out your blog it is pretty cool. Keep with the hippie stuff it was the best part of the last 100 years.

Avian Fang

already_in_the_air said...

Pastry, I can't believe you said that. EVERYONE cares about some stuff...I think old superstitions and stuff like this are cool! You are like A. and music, just no appreciation for what you won't try to understand!

Thanks to you, av. fang. You know, you're the first to say anything about my hippie-ness, but I agree. Hippies rocked the seventies. (They WERE the seventies!) They're just underappreciated now...Hey you gave me an idea for another post!

Crongrats on giving me a great springboard-idea! I Owe you,
already_in_the_air

deranged_cheese said...

hey cat i agree hippies TOTALLY rock. you need 2 read my new post!!!!!!! its really long, but read it anyway!!! and who is avian fang? i assume he's a fan of maximum ride? u rock dude!!

Avian Fang said...

Thanks cheese dude. I appreciate the complement. Anyway what is your blog I might check it out. Mine is
www.avianfang.blogspot.com

I always wish I could have been a hippie. It would have been awesome. Granted I would not fit in cause I don't do drugs but thats not a huge part of being a hippie. They also had awesome t-shirt designs.

Avian Fang

already_in_the_air said...

Gotta love the tyedye! : ) I do, few tye dye shirts that I own...

And hippies were also music lovers, star gazers, freedom wanters, "free spirits", and totaly accepting of other eccentric people!

i'm such a people lover,
already_in_the_air

PS: av. fang...cheese isn't a dude. I don't know if that's just what you call everyone, but cheese is a girl. : )

I could have made the same mistake if I didn't know it was her talking...

Avian Fang said...

I call everyone dude. Unless you don't want me to if which case I can call you something else. Did not mean to offend.
I wish I had some tye died shirts. I tried once and it turned out pink, but I stil like it because it is comfy.

already_in_the_air said...

Hahaha. The best thing I can say to the pink tye-dye is that pink is the manliest shade of red. : ) Just a joke, but actually guys were the pink wearers throughout the past, because (as a shade of red) it was considered a sign of strength.

Oh, no one was offended. That I know of. So it's all good. Just I feel that the name choice could've been better on my friend's part (yes, YOU cheese!!!) so I didn't want anyone else thinking she was a guy, causing utter confusion on my part.

enough to be confused over already,
already_in_the_air

Avian Fang said...

Hey I love the color pink. And it is not joke pink is the mannliest shade of red there is. Because most people mock people who were pink so it takes balls to do it.

Avian Fang

already_in_the_air said...

Right. Just that's only the 2nd time when I've actually had a chance to use that phrase and (BONUS!) have it make sense. And I'm totally wearing pink right now (a little anyway) and even though the manliest thing I've ever done is lift weights, I feel strength in me as we speak.

because typing requires so much effort,
already_in_the_air

deranged_cheese said...

already_in_the_air i am mad at u >:( u hv not read my blog in like forever, and u hv not posted any comments at all on my latest entry. if u do not, all of the worlds puppies will cry. how could u make puppies cry?? (ok not really, but i will be mad)

Avian Fang said...

Hey cheesy i'll check out your blog if only as minor achievment.

Avian fang

already_in_the_air said...

sorry cheese, I really have a lot going on. But from now on, I will be a faithful and frequent reader, or may I be struck on the head by an angry foreign language teacher with a painfully hard object of your choice.

already thinking ouch,
already_in_the_air

deranged_cheese said...

thank u!