Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Among my Other Hippie-Like Tendancies...

OK, tonight I was eating a deliciously AWESOME granola bar and I noticed that among your typical nutritionary facts there was a phrase that said "Flavored with Other Natural Flavors". Wow,who knew that the natural flavors of granola had to be ENHANCED chemically by OTHER flavors JUST so it still tastes like granola? I sure didn't! Kind of scary to think what sort of junk they put in foods anyway. What meat ARE hot-dogs? What is SPAM (please, don't say spinach-ham or junk email)? And honestly, do we WANT to know how they get those powdery cheese flavorings onto Dorritos and Cheetos? I'm not sure if i really do...

In other news: I am going to be a hippie for Halloween, then if my hair is well enough pat my elbows (it almost is) I will give a whole ton of hair to Locks of Love! I will be SO happy! Even though I will miss my hair...

So if you have any stories about hippies, the 70s, or hair (bad hair days, good hair days, long hair, no hair, whatever) feel free to share in a comment! I'll count it as an early Halloween present!

TRICK OR TREAT, SMELL MY FEET,
GIVE ME SOMETHING GOOD TO
COMMENT BACK ON AND DISCUSS AT LENGTH WITH YOU RANDOM ONLINE BLOG-VIEWERS WHICH WOULD BE
SWEET!

4 comments:

Avian Fang said...

I have been growing my hair long for a while then I started working out for school teams and i had to cut it and it made me sad for a while now I love having short hair. I went out as a hippie last year at halloween and it was really fun. Watch the show suger on the food network it shows how a whole bunch of diffrent foods get made. Also chech how it's made on discovery for a lot of diffrent non-foods and how they are made. Hey why are you never on aim. (Or just never on when I am)

How is band camp?

Fly on. Fly free,

Avian Fang

already_in_the_air said...

Band camp is OK. It's over now, except for one more day. (It's the one thing that further ruins my Mondays.) And I've always had short hair and bangs. At least, until I grew out my bangs in 5th grade and now my hair's past my elbows. It's cool, because now I have the longest hair of anyone I know! (Which means I get the bragging rights!)

And, my favorite Food Net show is "Ace of Cakes" and they do some totally amazing stuff. They had an order for like a typewriter, and they did that, a gumball machine, a skyscraper, and some Broadway musical cake that was AWESOME. They had a whole town where the play's story took place, but it was a 3D map on CAKE. Their stuff never even looks REAL, because it's just so AMAZING, but people eat it anyway.

love to all the hippies,
already_in_the_air

Avian Fang said...

Yeah Ace of Cakes is a really awesome show. But I can never find out when it is on.

already_in_the_air said...

I think it's on at 9 or 10 pm, but I'm not sure. I bet you could find show times on the Food Network website though! Or google (love google).