Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hmm.

OK, I have read all of Romeo and Juliet multiple times, and I have concluded:

a) it is a dirty play with too many sex jokes.

b) Romeo is a stalker. (Really, how did he know which room was Juliet's?)

c) Shakespeare was almost as sarcastic as I am.

d) The whole thing is Susan's fault.

Even so, Susan is my favorite character. A friend and I now have plans to name our English teacher's tree Susan. I think it'll work OK. Who wouldn't want a small houseplant named after one of Shakespeare's greatest (in my opinion) characters? : )

7 comments:

deranged_cheese said...

who's susan? she wasn't in the movie

already_in_the_air said...

Of course she wasn't! She's the Nurse's dead daughter, only mentioned twice in the one sentence of the written play. But she's still may favorite. :)

deranged_cheese said...

okay so how is the whole thing susan's fault then?

Anonymous said...

it's susan's fault for dying.

deranged_cheese said...

what does her dying hv 2 do with it?

Anonymous said...

if she hadn't died, romeo and juliet wouldn't have gotten together and then they wouldn't have killed themselves

already_in_the_air said...

Precisely! And chels? The two youngest daughters in Fiddler on the Roof WERE going to have an arranged marriage--Alaina remembers it too!